Sunday, June 1, 2014

Peace, Love, and Confusion

I sit at my laptop a bit of a mess today as I woke up to some disturbing words aimed my way.  I know I'm not the best type of friend to have.  I hate schedules, appointments, and I hate rushing.  I have a gigantic family and several friends so it's impossible for me to spend as much time as I'd like with everyone I want to. My demeanor is simple, I don't like to have any enemies or have anyone with negative thoughts about me.  I do my best to be someone who is enjoyable to be around.  My favorite thing in the world is to make people laugh.  I've said a million times that life is too short to have any kind of negativity in my life.  So why did these words destroy my day before it started?  Because I felt that I'd failed.  I failed as a friend, a person, and I failed someone who I care about and respect.  My intentions are never to hurt anybody.  Maybe I've undermined how enjoyable I can be.  I don't know.  In retrospect it will teach me how to move forward and be everything that I want to be as a person.  A better husband, father, and most of all, friend.  I learn from things that happen to me and don't take things for granted.  I radiate love but at this moment I feel that inside me is a black heart.  They say time heals, in this case I pray it does.  I have so many regrets in life that I can't get back.  The only thing I can do is dust myself off and push forward.  Till next time, I love you all....you're beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. You know, regret is a funny thing. Not ha-ha funny. Ironic funny? No. That's not it either. I was thinking back on my life earlier this week. Thinking about things that I would have changed. But you know what? I can't change a single thing. What if that one change would have changed the entire course of my life and I wouldn't be where I am. So, you my friend, have experienced you life's ups and downs and made your mistakes, learned from them and moved forward. You are a fabulous friend. No regrets or you wouldn't have the life you have NOW! Love you! xoxoxo Kritty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm....would you like the Prophet response? Well...tough you're getting it anyway. The thing that troubles me about this blog is that you're screaming for the approval of others.... I will start by saying that as much as anyone may know you....they will never know 100% of you.... (let's be honest in the fact that we all keep some twisted perspectives to ourselves. .As it makes us...us)....and as a result of nobody knowing 100% of you...it's impossible for them to truly have your best interests at heart...rather there's a degree of self motivation in all that they might say/do for you. Therefore...you aren't being true to yourself if you seek or measure yourself by the opinions of others. You are much better served in being true to yourself and if you look inward for direction not outward for approval. The beauty about looking inward is it allows you the filter to accept yourself as you are...or provides you the motivation to change what you feel doesn't resonate with your soul.

    It was Wayne Dyer who said "Other people's opinions of me are really none of my business. "
    In that...There is wisdom. As for the rest of this comment. ....take it for what it is...perspective. ...use it if you can...or delete it...but do so because it's being true to you. ;)

    Prophet

    ReplyDelete