Saturday, May 10, 2014

Memories of Memories

This past year I was sick a lot.  My time in and out of the hospitals really put my life in perspective.  I thought of all the amazing people in my life whether they were part of my past or still in it.  The influences of my friends and family have impacted me in so many ways I couldn't imagine leaving this world without letting them know exactly how I feel.  I decided to write each person a little something via Facebook with memories and anything else I wanted.  I found that my memories of them, no matter how vivid and clear to me, were not always remembered by the person I was trying to honor.  Does that make my gesture invalid?  Does this mean that I was or am not anywhere close to being important and influential to them as they are to me?  I started to feel pretty small about it.  My good deeds to myself always seem to bring me down a bit.  I was thinking that maybe I should have just dedicated a song that reminded me of them and let that tell the story I was trying to get across.  Then I realized that whatever came from my heart is what they were supposed to hear.  I realized that it doesn't matter what mark I've made on them, the point is to show what they've done to influence and shape me.  I will continue to write for them cause I have a long way to go.  So many awesome people have crossed my path.  I've created a very long task.  Life is very short, though.  Be sure to let the people you love and care about know exactly how you feel.  I don't go a day without telling my wife and daughter that I love them.  Try not to hold grudges.  Easier said than done, I know.  The most rewarding part of life is love.  Don't forget that.  Till next time, I love you all, you're beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment