Saturday, February 11, 2012

Lookin' for Love in all the WRONG Places

As Valentine’s Day, the second most commercially driven holiday behind Christmas, rolls around I’m seeing more singles looking for love in all the wrong places.  The other day I saw a link on a friend’s facebook page that advertised a perfume that was guaranteed to attract men. Several of the female friends on her page had vowed to order it in hopes that this mystery potion would solve the problem of going home alone after a night out. The first thing that I thought was unless this perfume smelled like enchiladas or a t-bone steak, it's not gonna get a man’s attention like it says it will. If you want to attract a man with a scent, rub some bacon grease behind your ears. There is no easy way to land the man or woman of your dreams. I have a simple solution for those who really want to try something as simple as a spray to land the man who will at the very least cut your yard a few times in the summer time.  Women, the next time you go out, put your designer duds to the side and put on a simple t-shirt that says I COOK AND CLEAN. You’ll drink for free all night and have a list of men who would be willing to walk your dog in the morning. Men, put away your Ed Hardy shirts and wear a t-shirt that says I HAVE A JOB AND MY OWN PLACE. You'll have women lined up asking how much you make to see if your income would fit their lifestyle. What also gets me these days is the singles that are way too picky but get frustrated that they can’t find the right one.  We all know the reason they are single is because the guidelines they use for a suitable partner don’t exist. You aren’t gonna find a bad ass superhero with no baggage and a perfect body who's not psycho so stop looking.  I was the last one of those and I’m already spoken for. My advice to you all who are single is to stop forcing God’s plan for you. When true love finds you, and it will, it won’t be because of the way you dress, look, or smell.  It will be because your best qualities will be recognized by the right person.  I'm living proof of that.

3 comments: